Friday, February 12, 2010

A Nice Lunch and a Big Fall...

I hit the Salvation Army shop looking for matching lamps today...got no lamps but found a very unusual bathsheet done in a 60s-70s 2-D terry in white and gold, made to look like a field of white flowers..one side had an oval with roses woven in it. Will it be a chair pillow or bedpillows?

Headed over to the bookshop and had a quiet deli lunch in the attrium, then home. The sun was blinding but the crosswalks were slushy on the cobblestones. At home I hit the ice on the sidewalk just right and I was rewarded with an ungraceful fall on my face! I hurt my right knee and was shook up, but I think I may have fixed a pinched nerve in my left shoulder...although I don't recommend this method.

I couldn't hit my favorite haunts there because of a late start but lunch was nice...and quiet. I discovered a book of poems, Ode to Orpheus, by Rainer Maria Rilke and found a copy on Half.com for 1/3 of the price...so I now have a new poet to read...

Talk Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary: