Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MUD, and Talking to the Grandkids is Like Having an Adult Conversation


So, Miss H declined breakfast at home yesterday...I suppose she thought she'd get something yummy here. She had half a Pop-tart and when I told her that I had a bagel with cream cheese and apple butter she informed me that she "loves bagels and cream cheese". Let me give a little perspective on these conversations because she was six before Christmas and her brother is newly three.

Looking into the small container of whipped cream cheese she informed me that it didn't look like I had too much left. I reminded her of our favorite diner treat, as of October-a grilled sticky bun-and she hinted (not too mildly) that she would like to try the lunch there!

Her brother, Master B, checked out the big mirror hanging inside the door and asked me why I put it there. I explained that sometimes people who are tall enough like to check their looks coming in or leaving. He accepted that. Is this his way of questioning my need to decorate?

Saturday night Miss H informed me at dinner that she was concerned about tornados because they "happen a lot". I assured her that they are uncommon in this part of the country but I was not aware that she had written a report on them for school! Hence the BIG worries about tornados.

The cat saw them come in and wisely took off, much like a tornado, and spent the rest of the day upstairs hiding. she came down in the evening and gave Ed and the couch a good sniffing (no doubt making sure that he smelled normal-for him) finally assured that the kids were gone! Also she was freaked out by my previous cleaning rampage, so I saw little of her today...

I mopped most of the porch four or five times yesterday with vinegar water. I was sooo sick of mud being tracked in on the wood floors! And it's still a little muddy and it's snowing...AGAIN!

Talk later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary: