Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Some VERY Bad Things & PCs That are Ded and Dedder


Okay. So it seems the "web problems" that I was having were because I either: picked up a virus while surfing the web OR because I attempted to shut down malware/virus and it had started downloading (according to my bro, who is my resident web-tech).


Fortunately, other than my now dedder (deader) PC...well, it's dying, we have another PC that's pretty old,the ded one (dead). The issue with the dedder one is that it is nearly impossible to download anything but small files (he managed to save my word-related files) and my music, which I've had for years, is now GONE. He is now trying to figure out how he will clean of the hard drive to reload it and says possibly the drive, and old one he'd given me, is damaged as well. (UPDATE: 3/4/2010: the "saved files" are damaged, too!)


I haven't been knitting for two days as I am preoccupied with other things and right now I am in Regency Mode. Yesterday I watched the 1995 version of Sense and Sensibility. Jane Austen's heroines always have such complicated un-love lives...they don't know how the hero feels, they aren't sure whom they want, or they have more than one failed liason, or more than one of them has a scandal, and there are always busybodies in the pot. I just love the scene where Elinor Dashwood's skanky sister-in-law physically attacks Lucy Steele when she realizes that the monetarily poor girl has been secretly engaged to her brother Edward Ferrars for five years! Feathers actually fly!


I personally would like to attend a Jane Austen week at least once. I am confident that I can save a bundle by making my own clothes as I used to do a lot of sewing. I am just less patient than I used to be. Plus I have a 20-yard bolt of brown polyester grosgrain fabric bought for $1.00 a yard that is waiting for a life as something else!


Here is a good Regency costume/pattern link: http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/seandseregop.html
More talk later!
Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary: